In the late 17th century, a satanic panic swept through the Puritan colony of Salem, Massachusetts. Neighbors turned on neighbors, families were torn apart, and when all was said and done 19 innocent men and women were dead.
And the scariest part? It could happen again.
Join Shane and Duncan for a thorough exploration of one of the most shameful episodes in American history: the Salem Witch Trials.
Support the show by becoming a Midnight Minion, Menace, or Maniac, and unlock exclusive bonus content over at PATREON
Join the MFFI community and vote on episode topics via DISCORD
In this episode:
- European Witch Trials
- The German Trier Trials
- King James VI
- The Berwick Witch Trials
- Connecticut Witch Trials
- Arthur Miller's The Crucible
- The Puritans
- The Catholic Church and Indulgences
- Salem in the 1690s
- Abigail Williams and Elizabeth "Betty" Parris
- Samuel Parris
- William Griggs
- Mary Sibley and the Witches Cake
- Elizabeth Hubbard and the Wolf
- The First Three Accused: Sarah Good, Sarah Osborne, and Tituba
- Ann Putnam Jr.
- The Devil's Book
- John and Elizabeth Proctor
- John Hathorne and Jon Corwin
- Governor Sir William Phipps
- Judge William Stoughton
- The First Execution: Bridget Bishop
- Oyer and Terminer
- Spectral Evidence
- Witch Tests
- The Pressing of Giles Cory
- The Superior Court of Judicature
- The Panic Ends
Join the Midnight Masses!
Become an Insomniac by dropping a review, adding us on social media, and contacting us with episode ideas.
And we now have Midnight Merch! Show your Insomniac pride and pick up a tee shirt or coffee mug to spread the word!