Welcome to another exciting episode of "Is it a cult?" (Spoiler: yep!)
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is one of the world's youngest and fastest-growing religions. It's also completely bonkers. In this week's supersized episode, Shane and Duncan marvel at the sheer awesome silliness of Mormonism and recount the unlikely story of the church's enigmatic con-artist founder, Joseph Smith.
Support the show by becoming a Midnight Minion, Menace, or Maniac, and unlock exclusive bonus content over at PATREON
Join the MFFI community and vote on episode topics via DISCORD
In this episode:
- Joseph Smith
- The Angel Moroni and the Golden Plates
- Urim and Thummim
- The Book of Mormon (Lehi, Nephi, Laman et al)
- Brigham Young
- Exoduses from: New York, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri
- Revelation of Polygamy
- The Expositor and the Death of Joseph Smith
- Salt Lake, Utah
- The Mountain Meadows Massacre
- The Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah
- Warren Jeffs
- Tithing (Sacred Taxation)
- The Artists Formerly Known as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- The Endowment Ceremony
- Covenants, Tokens, Signs and Seals
- Veils and Secret Handshakes
- Execution of the Penalty
- Sacred Temple Garments (God's Armor)
- Baptizing the Dead
- Exaltation (Private Worlds)
- Mormon cosmology and Kolob
- The Oath of Vengeance
- Mormons and LGBTQ+
- Prop 8
- Family Home Evening (FHE)
Join the Midnight Masses!
Become an Insomniac by dropping a review, adding us on social media, and contacting us with episode ideas.
And we now have Midnight Merch! Show your Insomniac pride and pick up a tee shirt or coffee mug to spread the word!
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
It’s MFFI, enough said
Tuesday Apr 19, 2022
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.