Lucifer. Satan. Beelzebub. Prince of Lies.
The Devil has a thousand names, a chip on his shoulder, and major daddy issues. He also has one hell of a backstory. Join the MFFI guys as they piece together the convoluted mythology of Satan, from his origins as a minor Egyptian deity to his ultimate Christian incarnation.
In this episode:
- The Book of Enoch (Dead Sea Scrolls)
- The Book of Isaiah and the Sketchy Origin of "Lucifer"
- The Book of Job and the Satanic Bet
- The Jewish Perspective
- Shaitans and Islamic Devils
- Ezekiel and Revelations
- The King of Tyre
- Dante Alighieri and the Pettiness of the Divine Comedy
- The Circles of Hell and Torture Porn
- Demonic Aesthetics
- Links to Pan and Bes
- The Medieval Devil
- The Enlightenment Devil
- John Milton, Paradise Lost, and the Sympathetic Devil
- Eve, the Serpent, and the Toad
- The Modern, Sophisticated Devil
- The Fine Print (Devil's in the Details)
Join the Midnight Masses!
Become an Insomniac by dropping a review, adding us on social media, and contacting us with episode ideas.
And we now have Midnight Merch! Show your Insomniac pride and pick up a tee shirt or coffee mug to spread the word!
Leave an audio message:
Leave a voicemail or shoot us a text with comments, suggestions, or feedback:
+1 (408) 596-4603
Shane's Comedy Schedule and Info:
~ KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, AND SLEEP IS OVERRATED ~