Warning: if you're not a fan of dark humor, feel free to skip this episode. We won't judge you! For our fellow twisted weirdos...enjoy.
"The Darwin Awards salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who accidentally remove themselves from it in a spectacular manner!"
IN THIS EPISODE:
History of the Darwin Awards
Wendy Northcut, opportunist
- Self-shooting demonstration - Clement Vallandigham
- Radish - Sir William Payne-Gallwey
- Slow car - Bridget Driscoll
- "Wearable" Parachute - Franz Reichelt
- Unbreakable-window test - Gary Hoy
- The North Sentinel Island natives are restless - John Allen Chau
- Beard sabotage- Hans Steininger
- Gurney mishap- Edward Juchniewicz
- Rattlesnake catch - Joe Buddy Caine
- Segway daredevil- Jim Heselden
- Cockfight revenge - Jose Luis Ochoa
- Cockroach-eating contest - Edward Archbold
- ...and more
Join the Midnight Masses!
Become an Insomniac by dropping a review, adding us on social media, and contacting us with episode ideas.
And we now have Midnight Merch! Show your Insomniac pride and pick up a tee shirt or coffee mug to spread the word! https://teespring.com/stores/midnight-merch-6
Leave a voicemail or shoot us a text with comments, suggestions, or feedback:
+1 (408) 596-4603
Email with topic suggestions etc:
Shane's Comedy Schedule and Info:
Episode Transcript: https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/web/fq4pfr/Transcript_The_Darwin_Awards.pdf
~ KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, AND SLEEP IS OVERRATED ~