In the first installment of MFFI's espionage series, Shane gives Duncan an overview of the spy game, from its origins in postiquity through the Cold War and all the way to the modern intelligence industry.
Join the MFFI community and vote on episode topics via DISCORD
In this episode:
- Sun Tzu and the Art of War
- Francis Walsingham and Mary Queen of Scots
- Alberto Ridolfi
- Louis XIV and the Cabinet Noir
- George Washington, America’s First Spy Master
- The Culper Ring
- Nathan Hale
- James Armistead and Lafayette
- Benedict Arnold
- The Great Game
- Embassies and Diplomats
- The Evidenzbureau
- British Topographical & Statistic Department
- The Military Information Division
- The Secret Service Bureau
- Directorate of Military Intelligence Section 5 (MI5)
- Military Intelligence Section 6 (MI6)
- Office of Strategic Services
- The CIA
- The NSA
- Cipher Bureau
- The Black Chamber
- The Cold War
- Life as a Spy
Join the Midnight Masses!
Become an Insomniac by dropping a review, adding us on social media, and contacting us with episode ideas.
And we now have Midnight Merch! Show your Insomniac pride and pick up a tee shirt or coffee mug to spread the word!
~ KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, AND SLEEP IS OVERRATED ~