Little-known fact: the mad doctor from Mary Shelly's Frankenstein was based on a real-life scientist named Giovanni Aldini. And even Aldini's corpse-reanimating experiments were mild compared to some of the bizarre and horrifying travesties that have been committed in the name of scientific progress. Join the boys as they explore two-headed dogs, telekinetic pong-playing monkeys, and the history of unhinged science.
Support the show by becoming a Midnight Minion, Menace, or Maniac, and unlock exclusive bonus content over at PATREON
Join the MFFI community and vote on episode topics via DISCORD
In this episode:
- Vladimir Demikhov
- Head Transplants
- Shavka and Brodyaga
- Jose Manuel Rodriguez Delgado
- Shiro Ishii
- Unit 731
- Operation Cherry Blossoms at Night (Disease Fleas)
- Giovanni Aldini, the OG Frankenstein
- The Postmortem Electrocution of George Forster
- Andrew Ure, Frankenstein Part 2
- The Postmortem Electrocution of Matthew Clydesdale
- Elon Musk and Neuralink
- Pager the Mind-Pong Monkey
- Alcor, the Life-Extension Foundation
- M.E.A.R.T, the Semi-Living Artist
Join the Midnight Masses!
Become an Insomniac by dropping a review, adding us on social media, and contacting us with episode ideas.
And we now have Midnight Merch! Show your Insomniac pride and pick up a tee shirt or coffee mug to spread the word!
Leave an Audio Message!