BEGONE, FOUL DEMON!!
NO LONGER SHALL YOU BEDEVIL THE INSOMNIACS OF THE MIDNIGHT MASSES
(Apologies for the caps lock, but Satan doesn't respect lowercase.)
What's the difference between a demonic vexation, an infestation, and an oppression? How many demons do you have to host to become Legion? And is the Pope really on Twitter? Join the boys for a deep-dive into hellfire and brimstone in this examination of the disturbing history of exorcism and demonic possession.
Join the MFFI community and vote on episode topics via DISCORD
In this episode:
- Ancient exorcisms in Babylon
- Demonic possession in the Bible
- Relevant Biblical passages
- Jesus, demons, and exorcisms
- Mark 5: My name is Legion
- The Pope on Twitter
- Official Exorcist of Indiana, Father Vincent Lambert
- Demonic entry points and doorways
- Sexual abuse and demonic possession
- The International Association of Exorcists
- Infestations, Vexations, Obssessions, and Subjections
- The Exorcist, the movie
- Peter Blatty, Linda Blair, Roland Doe/Robbie Mannheim
- Cultural impact of the film
- Qualifications to receive an exorcism
- The ritual itself
- Notable cases of possession
- Jason Dalton and the Uber Demon
- The Tanacu exorcism
Join the Midnight Masses!
Become an Insomniac by dropping a review, adding us on social media, and contacting us with episode ideas.
And we now have Midnight Merch! Show your Insomniac pride and pick up a tee shirt or coffee mug to spread the word!
~ KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, AND SLEEP IS OVERRATED ~