BEGONE, FOUL DEMON!!
NO LONGER SHALL YOU BEDEVIL THE INSOMNIACS OF THE MIDNIGHT MASSES
(Apologies for the caps lock, but Satan doesn't respect lowercase.)
What's the difference between a demonic vexation, an infestation, and an oppression? How many demons do you have to host to become Legion? And is the Pope really on Twitter? Join the boys for a deep-dive into hellfire and brimstone in this examination of the disturbing history of exorcism and demonic possession.
In this episode:
- Ancient exorcisms in Babylon
- Demonic possession in the Bible
- Relevant Biblical passages
- Jesus, demons, and exorcisms
- Mark 5: My name is Legion
- The Pope on Twitter
- Official Exorcist of Indiana, Father Vincent Lambert
- Demonic entry points and doorways
- Sexual abuse and demonic possession
- The International Association of Exorcists
- Infestations, Vexations, Obssessions, and Subjections
- The Exorcist, the movie
- Peter Blatty, Linda Blair, Roland Doe/Robbie Mannheim
- Cultural impact of the film
- Qualifications to receive an exorcism
- The ritual itself
- Notable cases of possession
- Jason Dalton and the Uber Demon
- The Tanacu exorcism
Join the Midnight Masses!
Become an Insomniac by dropping a review, adding us on social media, and contacting us with episode ideas.
And we now have Midnight Merch! Show your Insomniac pride and pick up a tee shirt or coffee mug to spread the word!
Leave an audio message:
Leave a voicemail or shoot us a text with comments, suggestions, or feedback:
+1 (408) 596-4603
Shane's Comedy Schedule and Info:
~ KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, AND SLEEP IS OVERRATED ~