This episode was a doozy. It turns out there's a ton of hard science behind memes, plus bucketloads of history, and this week's MFFI is packed.
In this episode:
- Richard Dawkins and The Selfish Gene
- Mimeme/Mimema/Mossy Bugs
- Chad, M*A*S*H, and "Kilroy was here"
- Frodo Lives!
- Andre the Giant has a posse
- Mike Godwin
- The first digital meme: The emoticon, by Scott E Fahlman
- Godwin's Law
- Michael Girard and the Dancing Baby meme
- Mr. T ate my balls
- Deidre LaCarte and The Hamster Dance
- The Cuban Boys on the Canadian charts
- Harry Whittier Frees and his lolcat postcards
- LOLcats rule the 'net
- Rick Rolling, FAILblog, Rage Comics
- All your base are belong to us
- Dank Memes
- Scumbag Steve
- Grumpy Cat
- Change my Mind
- Distracted Boyfriend
- Kombucha girl
- White guy blinking
- Pepe the Frog
Join the Midnight Masses!
Become an Insomniac by dropping a review, adding us on social media, and contacting us with episode ideas.
And we now have Midnight Merch! Show your Insomniac pride and pick up a tee shirt or coffee mug to spread the word! https://teespring.com/stores/midnight-merch-6
Leave a voicemail or shoot us a text with comments, suggestions, or feedback:
+1 (408) 596-4603
Email with topic suggestions etc:
Shane's Comedy Schedule and Info:
~ KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, AND SLEEP IS OVERRATED ~