Everything you think you know about H.H. Holmes is probably a lie. Which is appropriate, because "Dr. Henry Howard Holmes" was more of a serial liar than a serial killer. But while the popular version of his story is more myth than reality, the truth behind the legend is equally fascinating. Join the boys as they unearth the disturbing history of Herman Webster Mudgett, aka H.H. Holmes.
Support the show by becoming a Midnight Minion, Menace, or Maniac, and unlock exclusive bonus content over at PATREON
Join the MFFI community and vote on episode topics via DISCORD
In this episode:
- Herman Webster Mudgett
- Myths vs. Reality
- Erik Larson's The Devil in the White City vs. Adam Seltzer's The True History of the White City Devil
- Yellow Journalism
- The "Murder Castle"
- The World's Columbian Exposition (Chicago World's Fair)
- Formative Years
- Herman Webster Mudgett, "Resurrectionist"
- First Wife: Clara Lovering
- First Child: Robert Lovering Mudgett
- Second Wife: Myrta Zulique Belknap
- Second Child: Lucy Theodate Holmes
- Englewood, Chicago
- The Holtons
- Scams and Swindles (Mineral Water and Natural Gas)
- Benjamin Pitezel
- The Connors: Julia, Ned, and Pearl
- The Keeley Cure
- The Disappearance of Emeline Cigrand
- Third Wife: Minnie Williams
- Disappearance of Anna and Minnie
- On the Run
- Fourth Wife: Georiana Yoke
- Murders of Benjam, Howard, Alice, and Nellie Pitezel
- The Trial
Join the Midnight Masses!
Become an Insomniac by dropping a review, adding us on social media, and contacting us with episode ideas.
And we now have Midnight Merch! Show your Insomniac pride and pick up a tee shirt or coffee mug to spread the word!
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.