Ten episodes away from the big 1-0-0, the boys are hunting for the true origin story of the elusive video-game Easter egg. (Hint: Ready Player One got it wrong.) Follow along as Shane guides Duncan through some of the most famous, interesting, or pathetically failed examples of hidden content from movies and games.
PS: is there an Easter Egg in episode 90? Guess you'll have to keep listening to find out...
Join the MFFI community and vote on episode topics via DISCORD
In this episode:
- Debunking Spielberg's Version of the First Easter Egg
- Adventure, by Warren Robinett
- Adam Clayton, Snitch
- Not Fixed by Brad Stewart
- Steve Wright and the Origin of the Term "Easter Egg"
- Video Whizball and the First Name Drop
- The True Origin: Moonlander, by Jack Burness
- The DEC G40
- Red Faction: Armageddon and Mr. Toots
- Stormtrooper Blooper and the Battlefront Homage
- Resident Evil and the Jill Sandwich
- Castlevania CD Remix
- Doom II and John Romero's Head
- Diablo's Nonexistent Cow-Level
- Diablo II's Actual Hidden Cow-Level
- Batman: Arkham Asylum and the Product-Placement Easter Egg
- Konami, Solid Snake, Psycho Mantis, and the Creepiest of Easter eggs
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Literal Easter eggs
- Back to the Future and the Case of the Disappearing Pine
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Samuel L Jackson, Pulp Fiction, and Nick Fury's Tombstone
- Ezekial 25:17, Murder Monologue
- Big Kahuna Burger and the Tarantino/Rodriguez connection
- From Dusk Till Dawn, Reservoir Dogs, Four Rooms, Death Proof
- Indiana Jones and Droid Hieroglyphs (C-3PO and R2D2)
- The Phantom Menace (Galactic Senate E.T.s)
- Ready Player One and the Death of Easter Eggs
Join the Midnight Masses!
Become an Insomniac by dropping a review, adding us on social media, and contacting us with episode ideas.
And we now have Midnight Merch! Show your Insomniac pride and pick up a tee shirt or coffee mug to spread the word!
~ KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, AND SLEEP IS OVERRATED ~